De Tocqueville on America

I have finally finished up de Tocqueville's 1835, Democracy in America.  Lots of great quotes which still apply today: "I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America." Left-wing political correctness dominates the media and academia.  Those who disagree are too often labelled "racist," fascist", etc.  For better or worse, the Right is sometimes just as bad.  It's too bad so many journalists and politicians are not interested in balanced, rational discussion.  I commend our local paper, the Alpine Avalanche for its efforts to provide balance.  I have never discouraged or banned or deleted  a post on this blog. I have never banned a poster.  I do not screen or edit posts. I hope more people will contribute when they disagree with me.  Thanks to everyone who has posted!
law and justice foundation,law and justice symbol,law justice and morality,law or justice 1988,relationship between law and justice,difference between law and justice,law and justice careers,law and justice essay law and justice foundation,law and justice symbol,law justice and morality,law or justice 1988,relationship between law and justice,difference between law and justice,law and justice careers,law and justice essay